Senior Frontend Engineer - Transfer (Amsterdam/NYC/Remote)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Founded in 2009 as a simple file-sharing service, WeTransfer has grown into a set of tools designed around the creative process. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform where 50 million people send one billion files every month, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About our workflow.
We believe that software is gardening. We trust each other to make good decisions and to continuously provide (and accept) constructive feedback. Collaboration is the key to making a great product.
We want to build solutions that are long-lasting. This means writing code that is maintainable instead of quick fixes. Because our products are constantly changing, we believe our tech should be able to adapt. We believe that when code isn't tested it's legacy code and while we understand that it can take a lot of time and brainpower, it's worth it.
You will be joining one of our Transfer product teams. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team, which includes designers and both frontend and backend developers. Our teams are open, eager to try new things, fun and dynamic.
Above all else, we value kindness, understanding and empathy. We believe in open and honest communication and good teamwork to achieve a shared vision. We are passionate learners, who aren't afraid of trying out new tools and technologies to build a great end-to-end customer experience. We love to share our knowledge and experience when we can.
The goal of our team is to collaborate with teams across the company to create the future of WeTransfer that stays true to our mantra "beautifully obvious".
What You'll be Doing
- collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to convert feature ideas into workable solutions
- work with engineers across many teams to design solid conventions across all of our code
- contribute to a culture of learning and growth through mentoring and knowledge sharing
- design creative, unique solutions to problems
- review teammates' code honestly and respectfully
- assisting with scope estimation and managing stakeholder expectations
What are we looking for?
- strong front-end web development skills (we use Typescript/React/Redux, and we're starting to dip our toes into GraphQL)
- experience with high-scale, API-backed, web applications in production
- affinity for design and user experience
- comfortable digging in to backend code when necessary
- a pragmatic problem solving approach: balancing the need to create future-proof solutions with the need to get it done
- excellent written communication (our working language is English)
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A few more things about us, written by us: