Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
⚠️ Please don’t mind of the location, we can hire pretty much everywhere
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join Data and Analytics team. You’ll be joining a team of data- and analytics engineers responsible for the data infrastructure, pipelines and analytics tools, as well as our core data model. We are evolving our data stack, adding new services, improving the reliability of existing ones, and deprecating what is no longer useful.
Our current data stack makes use of Airflow, dbt, JupyterHub, Redshift, Fivetran and other tools. We’re starting our journey with Databricks, and you’ll support us in modernizing the way we interact with data.
What you'll be doing :
- Developing tooling to simplify the way we interact with data.
- Implement reliable data ingestion and transform pipelines that can handle large data volumes.
- Build and maintain our observability data stack, so data is delivered accurately and on time.
- Collaborate with a diverse team to improve the way WeTransfer uses data.
What we are looking for:
- Experience designing with data-intensive applications in the cloud, preferably AWS
- You are comfortable with Python and SQL, Spark is a plus
- Familiarity with ETL/ELT best practices and data warehouse/lake technologies
- Hands-on experience with orchestration tools, like Airflow
- Exposure to Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.