Director of Media & Performance Marketing
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
WeTransfer is looking for a Director of Media & Performance Marketing to support the VP, Growth and Performance and partner with our agency of record to design and execute the paid media strategy, a core component of our new user acquisition program. This person will be responsible for oversight and providing strategic advice on the allocation of a ~$20M budget for a full-funnel media program.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for all things digital and paid media and will be incredibly data-driven, leaning on previous experience to build a best-in-class performance program and team to support the continued growth of the function within WeTransfer’s marketing team. Success in the role will require a high level of collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders, particularly Data Analytics and Engineering teams so previous experience partnering on the design of reporting and attribution for media programs is a big advantage and key to fast success in the role.
We are open to have someone based in New York or London.
What you will be doing:
- Customer Acquisition: As the lead on the paid media program you’ll be responsible for driving the strategy for new customer acquisition, leveraging your previous experience to design a full-funnel program that utilizes all channels to move prospective customers towards a paid subscription. This includes growing and optimizing our paid channel mix; Paid Search, Paid Social, Programmatic and Affiliates, supporting aggressive growth goals, while also looking for ways to optimize key metrics such as CAC to LTV ratio
- Customer Growth & Retention: WeTransfer is a destination for over 85M users a month, and a unique opportunity exists within this role to partner with channel and product leads to design cross-channel programs that educate and convert these monthly active users into paying subscribers. Unlocking this flow will be a key to success in this role and supporting the overall growth goals for the organization
- Agency & Budget Management: You’ll be responsible for providing strategic advice to the VP Growth & Performance and CMO on how best to allocate the media budget throughout the year in partnership with advice from our agency of record. This advice will be heavily informed by data and analytics and will be held to acquisition targets which will be tracked and reported on by you and your team. Ideally you have previous experience working both agency and client side, or have significant experience managing agencies from the client side
- Analytics & Attribution: Partnering closely with the Data & Analytics team and Data Engineering, you will be responsible for owning the strategy and narrative for how we report on paid media performance from an attribution perspective. You will partner closely with these teams to ensure that your channel is well represented in current reporting practices and look for ways to continuously improve budget and forecasting and reporting infrastructure.
- Team Leadership and Management: In this role you will have the opportunity to build and manage a team of media and performance marketing specialists. You’ll be a leader in the Growth & Performance team and will be looking to you for your expertise on how we build a best-in-class growth engine that supports the company’s growth goals while also being ruthlessly efficient in how we allocate resources and budget.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing with a focus on paid and performance marketing
- Experience leading performance marketing teams either in-house or on the agency side
- Thorough understanding and hands-on experience working within Google and Meta Ad platforms
- Experience working with Affiliate partners and setting up partnerships with these platforms
- Strong expertise in working with reporting and BI tools including; Tableau, Google Analytics, Amplitude and Segment
- High degree of proficiency in reporting on media leveraging various tools including attribution model and MMM
- Strong in MS Excel and able to pull and manipulate own reports directly from platforms
- Experience building media reporting methodology in previous role is a plus
- BA degree in Marketing, Communications or Business. MBA is preferred
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.