Support Team Lead
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The Support team is made up of 16 amazing individuals led by the department head and a Team Lead. It’s the team’s priority to take excellent care of our global user base. Our team is growing fast and so we are on the lookout for a Co-Team Leader to join us, managing the day-to-day of a busy team and shaping the future of our customer culture. We have a hybrid work culture with a wonderful office in Amsterdam and remote-friendly options too.
We connect with our users through Zendesk, Facebook and Twitter. Our team is the first point of contact users have with WeTransfer and you and your team are our tone of voice and our company ambassadors. It's up to you to make sure we offer the best support possible across all channels and that we understand our users' needs to ensure our product creators can too.
Are you a natural born people leader? Do you have what it takes to support a monthly fanbase of over 80 million people?
What you will be doing:
- Providing leadership that builds an environment where team members feel empowered and demonstrate a strong sense of ownership over their work.
- Collaborating with internal product engineering teams and engineering leadership to align on, and to understand the problems we want to solve.
- Managing the team’s day to day and addressing blockers with the aim of continuously moving the team forward
- Coaching and mentoring team members through regular 1-to-1 and facilitating 1-to-team meetings so team members learn, grow and advance in their careers.
- Providing clear delegation and direction on the workload and monitoring the progress of projects.
- Be the point of escalation for the more complex customer queries and complaints.
- Continuing to build a shared understanding of the voice of our customer within the company.
- Promote positive working relationships with the wider support team and other business units.
What you bring to the table
- Proven experience managing an operational customer support team.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about people and empowering people to do their best work
- Passionate about fostering good customer facing practices and processes.
- A good understanding of technology and experience with data analytics, Zendesk, Slack, Notion, GSuite.
- A real problem solver who is not afraid to ask questions and take action.
- You do not require visa sponsorship and you live in or around Amsterdam and surrounding cities within the Netherlands.
- We are inclusive and open-minded to all views and expressions. No matter your position on whichever spectrum - there's a home for you here!
We’d love to hear from you so don’t let the confidence gap and imposter syndrome stop you from applying today!
The salary for this position is around 45-48K EUR gross per year based on a full time work week.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.