Account Manager US (NY or LA)
New York /
Sales & Advertising – Account Management /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
WeTransfer believes creative thinking changes the world, so we help people bring their ideas to life through a collection of beautifully obvious tools. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet and profit.
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
People don’t hate advertising, they hate bad advertising!
We built WeTransfer to provide an elegant experience for people who want a trustworthy and hassle-free way of transferring files. When we first decided that a platform should have non-traditional advertising, people thought we were crazy. We could have plastered our pages with annoying, intrusive banners and hit the jackpot, in the short term. But we took the long road instead, our service is now not just about sharing files, it’s about sharing experiences and creativity.
We curate and design genuinely attractive advertising to build better relationships with our users, and lasting value for our clients. This is served alongside full screen imagery from some of the world’s most exciting creative talent. By partnering with forward-thinking brands and exciting creative-minds we are able to deliver beautiful and relevant content whether it’s from brands or creators.
This user-centric, creatively driven, approach has enabled WeTransfer to build a unique digital advertising proposition. Widely considered the best brand building platform online, particularly for brands seeking to reach a professional creative audience.
If this resonates with you, read on.
We don't do banners. We do billboards!
We built WeTransfer to provide an elegant experience for people who want a trustworthy and hassle-free way of transferring files. When we first decided that a platform should have ‘non-traditional’ advertising, people thought we were crazy (some still do!). We could have plastered our pages with annoying, intrusive banners and hit the jackpot. But we took the long road instead, our service is now not just about sharing files, it’s about sharing experiences and creativity.
WeTransfer, we use ‘native content’ to build better relationships with our users. By partnering with some of the world’s most recognised brands and exciting creative-minds we are able to deliver beautiful and relevant content whether it’s paid for or not. They add relevance, experience and creativity to our platform. We’ve established a community that brands can legitimately be a part of, and that’s something no click through can buy.
To continue to fulfil our mission, success in this position requires a blend of strong account, entrepreneurial and creative skills, and the passion and confidence to turn bold, unique ideas into reality. This is an important hire for WeTransfer, thanks to our rapid growth in the US market. The position is based from either our New York or LA office.
About the role
- This role will be responsible for nurturing and growing a portfolio of clients that have been identified as having high growth potential with WeTransfer. Although the role is based in the US, you will be working with global brands and managing the production of campaigns in multiple markets.
- You will be a natural ambassador for WeTransfer’s creative values, and will work closely with both Sales and Account Directors to identify opportunities for account growth and to proactively bring these in front of our clients. You will also work productively with our creative Studio team, from designers to developers, to ensure all content produced meets WeTransfer’s high standards, as well as exceeding client expectations.
- We are looking for an ambitious candidate who can handle multiple campaigns simultaneously, and is capable of maintaining oversight and structure in a fast-paced environment. You know what it takes to make a client happy and you have the charm and convincing power to get everyone on board to get the highest impact campaign live in time.
- If you think beyond what's necessary, have a high intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn in a fast paced environment, then we're looking for you.
- 3+ years of experience as an Account Manager in Media Sales or a similar role (media or creative agency experience is preferred)
- A good understanding of the digital media landscape in the US
- Strong analytical skills and an understanding of how to translate client strategy & objectives into a creative brief
- Experience building basic CPM-based media plans
- Experience working with both brands and agencies alike
- Strong relationship building skills, both with internal stakeholders and with client and agency partners
- An understanding of ad serving platforms, briefing tools, and third party tracking/reporting systems like GA, Moat and Nielsen
- High level understanding of industry standards on viewability, IVT and data
- You are based in either New York or LA
You also have:
- Great relationship & communication skills. Ability to communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a team, and a confidence in negotiating with clients on calls
- An independent attitude. Comfortable with taking ownership and initiative, including proactively working on self-owned projects
- Project management capabilities, with experience in completing projects with minimal direction and high attention to detail
- A global mindset. WeTransfer has a global sales team (Amsterdam, London, New York, L.A.) and you will need to work across time zones and be open to occasionally travel for work
- Effective and creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility. You can work under pressure, are a natural multitasker and can work with tight deadlines
A little something about us, written by us: