Staff API Program Architect
New York /
Product Management /
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
Reporting to the VP of Product for Infrastructure, DMX, and Platforms - the API Product/Program Architect is a product-focussed technical principal, with significant experience in the engineering, architectural and product aspects of building APIs and services in a culture of cross-functional collaboration.
- Assess existing services and service architecture
- Create API style guides and API governance criteria
- Oversee implementation and roll-out of API Governance program at WeTransfer, which will be applicable for any internal or external service created by all WeTransfer engineering teams.
- Champion for Design reviews, modifications to governance and style, some API training.
- Collaborate with VP of Product and API Product teams to formalize API strategy.
- Serve as an “Expert Advisor” on tooling decisions and roll-out (as it pertains to WeTransfer API Program needs).
- Design and extend externally-facing services, in collaboration with WeTransfer engineering.
- Prioritize projects related to deployment and maintenance of external services.
This role will be as an Individual Contributor - not ‘attached’ to one team specifically so s/he can work as
a global resource, initially. The role could evolve into some management if needed/wanted, as the team grows in size.
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don't come to the office more than 2-3 per week - since that wouldn't be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.