Accounts Payable Specialist
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
About the Finance Team
It is our responsibility to build a pragmatic and thoughtful finance team to advise our business on all financial matters. The team is establishing scalable processes to take our business to the next stage. The mathematically minded, the Excel connoisseurs or simply the keepers of our credit cards— however we refer to them, the WeTransfer finance team keeps our money matters in check. Are you the next addition?
We are looking for a Purchase-to-Pay Specialist that will help strengthen the current team.
- Responsible for processing supplier invoices on time and in line with VAT requirements
- Administration of new supplier accounts, initial set-up and update of banking information
- Processing and controlling employee expense according to T&E policy
- Prepare and processing payment batches, ensuring invoices are paid on time
- Communicate with suppliers, business partners via the AP mailbox and internal communication channels
- Work closely together with the accounting team for month-end close purposes, performing month-end activities & reconciliations
- Review the A/P balances on a monthly basis for mismatching & other adjustments, ensure a clear supplier balance position
- Provide input for the purchase-to-pay KPI Dashboard
- Assisting in internal and external financial audits and any other ad hoc projects.
- Continuously drive for improvement in quality and efficiency in the purchase-to-pay process
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration
- 2-4 year’s Purchase-to-Pay/Accounts Payable experience in a dynamic multinational environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Understanding of VAT compliance rules and guidelines
- Familiarity with various ERP systems (Netsuite a plus)
- Proficient in Excel and other Office software
- English can be the working language (mandatory); Dutch is a bonus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, preferably experience in a scale-up where you takes ownership and are part of solution
- Customer Service oriented person who focuses on quality communication and attention to detail
- Prioritizes well to meet objectives
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Take pride in being the go-to person for P2P
- Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Covid has changed the world. Just as much as it changed us. While we can't wait until offices re-open, being at the office will not be mandatory in the future. This way, you get the best from both worlds. That move is still pretty new for us though, we are getting there, we are writing more, doing more async communication, and are now ready to take it to the next level.