Product Manager (Acquisition)
Product & Technology – Product /
Whereabouts: Within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting at £80,000 | $140,000 for USA-based candidates*
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Ingrid Ødegaard, CPO
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“A great product manager has the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer, and the speech of a diplomat.” Deep Nishar
Please note: If you are not seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mission at Whereby*
Give our marketing team super powers by building out our martech stack, set up tools and drive development work for campaigns, that will allow us to expand our reach to new users and drive growth.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 90 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Product and Marketing at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of an empowered, passionate and cross-functional team. We are a product-led business who strive to evolve our product alongside users, exceed their expectations and delight them. We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right.
We are a mission-driven business that want to develop deep relationship with users through a strong brand and groundbreaking user experience. With millions of users, we use data, talk to users, prototype and iterate to arrive at the good solutions.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Manager
We're looking for someone who has experience with working closely with marketing in a global SaaS product (ideally freemium) at scale. You understand product-led growth, and understand the role that marketing plays in feeding users into the conversion funnel. You enjoy collaborating across functions and have great abilities to process and synthesize information, ensure data-informed decisions and can be creative in coming up with ideas.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- 📈 Strategic and analytical, with a marketing mindset
- 🚀Impact and growth-driven
- 👩🏾💻 Tech-enabled
- 🎨 Creative
- 💪 Disciplined
Your previous experience
- You are a current Product Manager, ideally with experience from working with marketing teams
- You have proven experience with product management of a large-scale software product, ideally in the consumer/SaaS market
- You have very good technical understanding, background in software development is a plus. Experience with common martech tools is a big plus
- Proven ability to drive growth in the top of the funnel
- Experience with creating and maintaining product and marketing road map
- You have been leading cross-functional teams with engineers, product managers, marketers and designers
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Top of funnel growth (leads, acquisition and activation)
- Conversion rates for new users
- Campaign objectives
- Your team's retention and happiness (ENPS)
- Build an culture of data-driven marketing across the company
- Own, maintain and evolve the product areas of Marketing (martech stack, campaigns, CMS, blog++)
- Own and steer by key metrics for your area; overall revenue metrics (MRR, ARR), acquisition metrics, campaign efficiency and conversion
- Lead an empowered team composed of a product designer and engineers through decisions, processes, and culture in a way that creates value for both our users and our business.
- As part of our product management team, continually develop our product by understanding our users and the problems we solve for them.
- Work with exec. mgmt and product marketing team on plan and pricing strategy, drive quarterly research work and come up with recommendations for adjustments
- Work with Engineering to ensure overall product reliability and scalability, ensuring engineering buy-in for strategy and projects, and prioritisation.
- Bring forward product-elevating ideas to further our teams and company (even if they challenge the status-quo).
- Prioritizing, scoping and following up marketing projects, in a way that team members and stakeholders feel involved.
- Work with marketing team in uncovering their needs for martech tools, and upcoming plans that require tech work.
- Building and maintaining a marketing road map together with marketing team - work with other PMs and stakeholders across the company, on shaping our roadmap and priorities for the product as a whole.
- Together with the Product Management team, make decisions that concern the product team as a whole, to ensure consistency across the product suite.
- Together with the Product and Engineering Management teams, build processes to ensure consistent quality and coherence in design, communication and product performance.
- Manage a cross-functional product team and steer day-to-day work on development within your product area (marketing).
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources to maintain and develop your part of the product road map.
- Evaluate if the team is doing the right thing and has real impact on key business metrics; adjust strategy and priorities accordingly.
- Communicate strategy, ideas, priorities, plans, effect and learning to your team and the wider company in an efficient and inspiring way.
- Coach team members on quality of product work, giving and receiving feedback, understanding product/design/engineering processes, and cultural knowledge-gaps.
- Evaluate team members as part of performance evaluation process.
- Contribute to recruiting processes for new members in your team and in the company
- We have a program designed to support people who want to move into People management, and also offer expert track within product management.
- We also have a conference and training policy, for this role it will be important to stay up-to-date on developments in the industry and stakeholder community.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.