Senior Product Manager (Integrations)
Product & Technology – Product /
Whereabouts: Within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting at £85,000 | $150,000 for USA-based candidates
Reporting to: Ingrid Ødegaard, CPO
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“A great product manager has the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer, and the speech of a diplomat.” Deep Nishar
Please note: If you are not seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
To enable our users to fit Whereby into their existing workflow seamlessly, by integrating other products with Whereby, and also extend Whereby's presence into other products. Give users superpowers to run better meetings, by adding tools into the meeting experience.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 90 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Product at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of an empowered, passionate and cross-functional product team. We are a product-led business who strive to evolve our product alongside users, exceed their expectations and delight them. We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our product team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Manager
We're looking for someone who has experience with building out an app market place or app store, and know the complexities of dealing with partners and developers. You balance a commercial mindset with a strong product vision, make data-driven decisions and have a passion for growth.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- 📈 Strategic and analytical, with a product mindset
- 🎨 Entrepreneurial
- 💛 Empathetic and collaborative
- 👩🏾💻 Data-informed
- 💪 Disciplined
Your previous experience
- You are a current Senior Product Manager, Program Manager, Platform Manager, Director of Platform, Director of Product, Platform Architect, Platform Business Development or in similar roles
- You have experience from working on a platform/marketplace team
- You have proven experience with product management and driving a product-led strategy with focus on the users
- Experience with creating product road map, growth strategies and go to market plans
- Leading at cross-functional team with engineers, product managers, marketers and designers
How we'll measure your success🌟
- User uptake and business impact of integrations added
- Customer satisfaction (NPS and Product-market fit survey)
- OKR/Product roadmap goal completion
- Business metrics relevant for your product area
- Recruiting quality and successful hires
- Team retention and happiness (ENPS)
- Own and drive our integrations/platform strategy by understanding our users and the problems we solve for them
- Own the operation of our integrations, including their reliability and scalability
- Build a growth culture in your team based on product experimentation, data-driven decision, technological innovation, business and marketing acumen, and diversity of backgrounds, strengths, and attributes.
- Bring forward product-elevating ideas to further our teams and company (even if they challenge the status-quo).
- Develop growth strategies and go to market plans for integrations, together with our Marketing team
- Input to the overall company strategy based on insight into your area
- Building and maintaining a product and engineering road map for the area Product Integrations - initially focusing on integration of Whereby into other services' platforms (current integrations include Slack and Trello), but also looking into integration of other services into Whereby (current integrations include Miro whiteboarding, Google Docs, Trello, YouTube), in close cooperation with our current team in charge of the in-room meeting experience.
- Together with the Product Management team, make decisions that concern the product team as a whole, to ensure consistency across the product suite.
- Work together with other product teams on developing the overall product road map and product strategy
- Scoping and following up larger projects, in a way that team members and other teams are involved at the right level
- Together with the Product and Engineering Management teams, build processes to ensure consistent quality and coherence in design, communication and product performance.
- Embed a cultural focus on growth, testing, and reaching our commercial objectives (we use OKRs).
- Manage a cross-functional product team and steer day-to-day work on development within your product area (Integrations).
- Foster and nurture a seamless collaboration in the team and with the rest of the organisation.
- Bring out the best possible insight into customer or logistics needs and problems worth solving together with designers, data analysts & scientists, software engineers, and more.
- Challenge the team and company to take on hairy goals, to truly innovate and to have big-scale impact.
- Make sure we know what we want to build; and base it on insight from all perspectives.
- Clearly define and prioritise problems worth solving now, later or never with a data-informed approach.
- Help and enable the team to design experiments, deliver, and to learn from actions in our build cycles.
- Evaluate if the team is doing the right thing and has real impact; adjust strategy and priorities accordingly.
- Communicate strategy, ideas, priorities, plans, effect and learning in an efficient and inspiring way
- Coach team members on quality of product work, giving and receiving feedback, understanding product/design/engineering processes, and cultural knowledge-gaps.
- Evaluate team members as part of performance evaluation process.
- Contribute to recruiting processes for new members in your team.
- We both have opportunities to advance within an expert track within product management, or into people management.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.