Product Manager (Account Management & Billing)
Product & Technology – Product /
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 7 hours
Salary: £70,000 - £90,000
Reporting to: Ingrid Ødegaard, CPO
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“A great product manager has the brain of an engineer, the heart of a designer, and the speech of a diplomat.” Deep Nishar
Your mission at Whereby*
To build strong and lasting customer relationships, by driving adoption of Whereby within teams, making it easy for customers to grow their account and ensure the needs of admin users are met.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 70 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Product at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of an empowered, passionate and cross-functional product team. We are a product-led business who strive to evolve our product alongside users, exceed their expectations and delight them. We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our product team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Manager
We're looking for someone who has experience with conversion, retention and billing for a self-serve (ideally SaaS) product. You make data-driven decisions and have a passion for product reliability and scalability, with great abilities to process and synthesize information.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- 📈 Strategic, commercial and analytical, with a product mindset
- 💛 Empathetic and collaborative
- 💪 Disciplined
- 👩🏾💻 Data-informed
- 🏗 Operational (in the detail)
Your previous experience
- You are currently a Product Manager, Head of Product or similar,
- Are driven by building scalable self-service solutions that work for millions of users,
- You have proven experience with product management and driving a product-led strategy with focus on the users,
- You have led a cross-functional team with engineers, product managers, marketers and designers,
- Experience working with billing systems such as Stripe, Recurly, e-commerce billing solutions etc. is a plus
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Expansion revenue
- Churn (as low as possible!)
- Customer satisfaction (NPS)
- Team retention and happiness (ENPS)
- As part of our product management team, continually develop our product by understanding our users and the problems we solve for them.
- Own, maintain and evolve the product areas of Account management (login, settings, room and user management), Billing (order flow, business logic & billing settings, underlying billing infrastructure and payment systems), Churn prevention, systems and tools for Invoicing, VAT and revenue reporting
- Own and steer by key metrics for your area; account retention, churn, expansion revenue
- Give input on plan and pricing strategy and adjustments
- Work with management to ensure product reliability and scalability, engineering buy-in for strategy and projects, and prioritisation.
- Lead an empowered team composed of a product designer and engineers through decisions, processes, and culture in a way demonstrative of our company values.
- Bring forward product-elevating ideas to further our teams and company (even if they challenge the status-quo).
- Scoping and following up larger projects, in a way that team members feel involved.
- Building and maintaining a product and engineering road map for your product area.
- Together with the Product Management team, make decisions that concern the product team as a whole, to ensure consistency across the product suite.
- Work together with other product teams on developing the overall product road map.
- Together with the Product and Engineering Management teams, build processes to ensure consistent quality and coherence in design, communication and product performance.
- Manage a cross-functional product team and steer day-to-day work on development within your product area.
- Insight: Synthesize information from a variety of sources to maintain and develop your part of the product road map.
- Measure: Evaluate if the team is doing the right thing and has real impact; adjust strategy and priorities accordingly.
- Communicate: Communicate strategy, ideas, priorities, plans, effect and learning in an efficient and inspiring way.
- Coach team members on quality of product work, giving and receiving feedback, understanding product/design/engineering processes, and cultural knowledge-gaps.
- Evaluate team members as part of performance evaluation process.
- Contribute to recruiting processes for new members in your team
- We have a program designed to support people who want to move into People management, and also offer expert track within product management.
Plan and pricing structure is a key competitive factor in our industry, and we have exciting plans on how to use this to expand our market share. Your team's effort will be essential to driving commercial results and keeping our customers happy!
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.