People Partner (Product)
Business Operations – People & Talent /
Whereabouts: We within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting at £41,000 | $68,000 for USA-based candidates*
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Jessica Hayes, our VP People
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“At the heart of every product person, there's a desire to make someone's life easier or simpler” Francis Brown, Product Development Manager
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
To drive our People and Talent "user research", user stories, analytics, process efficiencies and experience, all while partnering with our Product teams to build a world-class tech-enabled culture.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
People Operations at Whereby
We strongly believe that a world-class culture is a competitive advantage. Everyone in the people team plays a role in sharpening that advantage, and thinking of our People Programmes as products we give to our team.
We're building a new kind of people team, T-shaped, tech-enabled, and innovative. We strive to build DE&I into the core (values, performance evaluations, hiring), not just an add-on (workshops, public statements), and we work in a fully distributed, flexible, asynchronous workstyle.
Read a little about what Jessie, our VP People thinks about running a world-class people function: People Ops as a Product 🚀
🔍 What we're looking for in our People Partner
Let's start with what we're not looking for - we aren't necessarily looking for someone with a background in people. We're hoping to find someone who has experience as a product manager, developer, data-analyst, or consultant. You'll have an interest in process and product management and development, as well as finding cool hacks to limit admin and delight people!
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 👩🏾💻 Tech-enabled
- 🎨 Creative
- 💛 Empathetic and people-centric
- 📈Commercial, with a product mindset
- 💪 Disciplined
Your previous experience
- Are a current product manager, consultant, business ops, engineer, or data analyst,
- Have experience with analytics, process improvement, or product management,
- Enjoy working in distributed teams,
- Love working with people, data, and tech in a trinity,
- Understand how to create user stories to solve problems,
- Use design and product thinking daily,
- Proud to say you do things differently; working outwardly and inwardly to do the best you can to delight people you work with,
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Team retention and happiness.
- People product feedback and efficiency.
- Recruiting quality and successful hires (working with Jess and the team to encourage a diverse approach to what it means to belong at Whereby).
- Shipping new things on our People roadmap (and sometimes seeing them fail!)
- Work with our VP People and VP Product to build a Product and Design culture based on quality, data-driven discussions, technological innovation, business acumen, and diversity.
- Support our product-led People strategy by building new People Products, like HR Dashboards, self-serve dashboards, careers pages an more.
- Contribute to and own the delivery of a part of the HR roadmap.
- Help to innovate and push the People team in a new direction.
- Explore new tech which has the capacity to alleviate admin and make our People team more efficient (freeing up time for us to work on fun Human and Culture work!)
- Work together with the Product team on developing the product road map where required, scoping and following up on recruitment, workforce planning, and talent mapping.
- Work with the leaders in the teams to embed a cultural focussed on growth, testing, and reaching our commercial objectives through a focus on simple and brilliant user experience and small iterations.
- Employer branding and recruitment exercises to deepen our team’s Product and Design team.
- Work on new products and tools we can use to retain and grow our key talent in the engineering team, allowing them to do their best work as we scale.
- Update and own data in our People and Talent platforms for Product.
- Build research channels and share key insights to leaders in the team.
- Contribute to defining a recruiting process to assess Product talent, prioritising diversity.
- Work with leads in teams on delivering feedback, key processes, and cultural knowledge-gaps.
- Build people operational processes to ensure our teams are delighted.
- Manage applications and employer branding exercises for product.
- You'll be working directly with the VP People, in a T-Shaped People team (meaning, no one is an admin, and we all have key specialisms)
- We expect you may have strong ambitions to move into a more senior role in the People team, perhaps one day running People Data, Research, or Products?
- We like to keep a lean team, we don't think it's a good fit for someone believes headcount is a metric for success, or has a short-term goal of managing.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.