Customer Success Manager - Digital
Commercial – Customer Success & Support /
Whereabouts: Within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting at £47,000 | $63,000 for USA-based candidates*
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Ashley Sachs, Director of Customer Support & Success
“You can focus on adoption, retention, expansion, or advocacy; or you can focus on the customers' Desired Outcome and get all of those things.” - Lincoln Murphy
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mission at Whereby*
To curate, a digital touch success approach for our self-serve and starter spend Embedded accounts.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 90+ team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Customer Success at Whereby
Our success team consists of a small group of passionate and curious learners. We are intentional in our connections not only with our customers but each other and believe in the value of learning from one another. We get the opportunity to experience innovation within Whereby but also in our customers products where our video service supports their mission. Those stories of success guide our approach as we work with companies in their incorporation of real time communication.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Customer Success Manager - Digital
We're looking for a self-driven and customer-centric learner that loves a fast pace environment. You are passionate about seeing customers grow and succeed with Whereby embedded and love exploring new automation and tooling to help establish a meaningful, authentic, and effective avenue of conversation for a growing customer base.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
*Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must-have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- Data driven
- Empathetic and people-centric
Your previous experience
- You have had a role in account management, channel sales, customer success, or growth marketing.
- See customer advocacy as a vital concept of the overall success of the customer experience and have a passion for connecting with customers to help influence process and product,
- Enjoy working in distributed teams with a high degree of autonomy,
- Are comfortable with utilizing APIs and coaching others in the best practices of using and managing workflows that involve their use.
- Have previous experience working on a scaling product with high numbers of daily active users and comfortable in fast pace start-up environments.
- Have previous experience with success tech touch strategies, with B2B companies is a plus!
🌟 How we'll measure your success
- Quarterly OKRs
- Leading success & growth indicators for low spend/tech touch accounts
- Net Revenue Retention
- Help build and execute a digital led customer success strategy and culture based on high-quality relationships, efficiency, data-driven discussions, innovation, business acumen, and diversity.
- Support our product-led strategy by ensuring a healthy customer success process built around customer needs
- Oversee and engage customers through the self-serve lifecycle of our Embedded product
- Evangelize customer success internally and externally
- Embrace cross-functional work practices with our support and product teams
- Bring forward product-elevating ideas to further our company (even if they challenge the status-quo).
- Work alongside our Directors of Sales, Support/Success and Product Manager to help define an optimal customer journey from self-serve sign up, implementation, and continual growth.
- Help create best practices and methodologies for automated successful touch points throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Help build relevant metrics for the area of digital customer success at Whereby.
- Further improve our practices for automated interactions and defining success of self serve customers.
- Engage our users as the biggest influencers of the product.
- Execute best practices and methodologies in a one to many approach to customer success.
- Dive into customer usage trends and analyze churn data for success opportunities or product changes.
- Collect and respond to feature requests and feedback.
- Participate in evangelizing and helping grow our customer community that is currently in development.
- Foster relationships with our embedded customers encouraging growth of Whereby within their application and driving customer loyalty to the brand
- You'll have a very independent role, reporting to the Director of Customer Support and Success, but advising with our current success team, product team, and support team to build the kind of customer success culture you want to scale into the stratosphere.
- We expect you may have strong ambitions of growth to further advance in customer success for dedicated customer relationships or in other adjacent role opportunities within Whereby.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.