Product Manager - Customer Experience
Product & Technology – Product /
Whereabouts: Work from everywhere within CET +/- 4 hours
Salary: Starting at £85,000. Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know. Although we do not negotiate salaries, we may be able to offer the role at a more senior level or with an alternative scope.
Reporting to: Dave Thomson, VP Product
Ask us anything: email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
To build a world class customer experience for our Embedded video meetings product, including owning our customer onboarding experience, customer dashboard and our billing systems.
What is Whereby all about
Created with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a remote-first video meetings company on a mission to enable 1 billion valuable connections by 2025. We are a series A funded business with 120 team members globally.
Product at Whereby
Our Product Managers generate insight, set direction and get things done. We strongly believe in the superpowers of an empowered, passionate and cross-functional product team. We are a product-led business and strive to evolve our product alongside users, exceed their expectations, and delight them. We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype, and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our product team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Manager
We’re looking for someone who understands conversion, retention and billing for a self-serve product, and ideally have experience with SaaS freemium self-service funnels. You understand the complexities of a global billing operation and how the product is our core sales channel. You are customer-centric, make data-informed decisions and have a passion for product reliability and scalability, with great abilities to process and synthesize information.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- 💪 Disciplined
- 👩🏾💻 Data-informed
- 💛 Empathetic and collaborative
- 📈 Strategic and analytical, with a product mindset
- 🏗 Operational (in the detail)
Your previous experience
- You are currently a Product Manager, Product Lead or similar.
- You have worked with product-led growth, and understand the self-service sales model of freemium products.
- Understanding of core SaaS metrics is a must.
- Experience working with billing systems is a big plus.
- Are driven by building scalable self-service solutions that work for millions of users.
- Have proven ability to and thrive with handling large and complex operations and projects (we have paying users in 150+ countries).
- You have proven experience with product management and driving a customer-centric strategy based on user research, data, and experimentation.
- You have led a cross-functional team with engineers, product designers & researchers.
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Customer satisfaction (NPS)
- Other customer related metrics like activation, contacts per customer and product adoption / usage.
- Your team’s retention and happiness (ENPS).
- Drive our product-led strategy by understanding our users and the problems we solve for them, work with management to ensure product reliability and scalability.
- Building and maintaining a Roadmap for your area.
- Scoping projects in a way that team members feel involved together with the Product and Engineering Management teams, build processes to ensure consistent quality and coherence in design, communication and product performance.
- Clearly define and prioritise problems worth solving now, later or never with a data-informed approach.
- Measure: Evaluate if the team is doing the right thing and has real impact; adjust strategy and priorities accordingly.
- Communicate strategy, ideas, priorities, plans, effect and learning in an efficient and inspiring way.
- We have a program designed to support people who want to move into People management, and also offer expert track within product management.
- As we keep solving customer problems in a huge market, our company will grow and the scope of this role will increase, so will team size. This role could evolve into a “head of” role.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.