Marketing Designer (Contract)
Marketing – Marketing & Growth /
Contract (Fixed Term)
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 5 hours
Interviews: Around 3-5 hours over a few weeks, including a take home task
Rate: £300-350 per day // €320-380 per day Europe side (Depending on seniority)
Reporting to: Rory, Our Senior Product Marketer
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our FAQ for candidates here
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning, and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Marketing Designer
We're looking for a designer who can go from brief through execution to deliver everything from email and social to web. You have great experience with building brands and are passionate about Whereby’s visual identity. You are curious with a desire to understand our audience and objectives with a strong sense of design and digital production.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 🎨 Creative
- 👩🏾💻 Design-thinker
- 🦄 Innovative
- 🧠 Open minded
- 💪 Hard-working
Your previous experience
- You are currently a marketing designer, motion graphic designer or similar
- You have a strong portfolio that reflects a foundation of design principles, awareness of current trends and how they translate to digital medium
- You have experience working with a SaaS brand or consumer-facing brand
- You have good experience with creating motion graphics in Adobe After Effect
- Experience with Figma would be a plus
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS is a bonus
- You have an ability to design and iterate quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- You are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Project deadlines and deliverables
- Social media engagement
- Team satisfaction
- Leading and evolving Whereby’s marketing design efforts
- Partnering with Product Design to ensure consistent design experience
- Ownership of Whereby’s brand guidelines from a design perspective
- Creating GIFs, infographics, landing page design, animation, videos and images
- Lead the marketing team’s standard of design excellence and brand consistency
- Work with marketing team leaders to define priorities and execution roadmap
- Leading design efforts for the marketing team to ensure delivery of all campaigns and engagement
- Represent the marketing team in company-wide design vision
- Imagine and identify new ways that design can help our customers learn about, understand, and ultimately love our products.
- You’ll be the first designer for the marketing team which creates a lot of opportunities to have an impact on Whereby’s marketing design.
- There are a lot of opportunities, and we expect that you’ll be part of this journey and shape your own destiny in Whereby.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.