Product Marketing Manager - Embedded
Marketing – Marketing & Growth /
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 7 hours
Interviews: Around 4-6 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: € 70,000 - € 80,000 (depending on seniority)
Reporting to: Rory Woodbrigde, our Director of Product Marketing
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“The purpose of business is to create and keep a customer.” - Peter Drucker
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
To devise, own and execute the product marketing strategy for the Whereby Embedded product.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 80 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Product Marketing Manager
We´re looking for someone with strong experience in devising and executing product marketing strategies for B2B tech companies. You’ll be able to balance executional work with strategy and planning, and at the same time be customer-obsessed and confident with analytics. You are comfortable working autonomously but also enjoy cross-functional collaboration, and being part of a wider marketing team.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or URL) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
Your previous experience
- Are currently a Product Marketing Manager, or in similar role,
- Have proven experience working with product marketing tactics and Go-to-Market strategies
- Have demonstrated success in positioning and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives,
- Have experience with different CRM tools such as Intercom, Mailchimp plus CMS software and Google Analytics,
- Experience working closely with a Sales team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Industry experience, knowledge or passion for the video conferencing and/or video meetings API product categories
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Sales team enablement
- Tracking Product Market Fit for Whereby Embedded
- Leads generated for Embedded customers
- Conversion of leads to Embedded customers
- Outline and maintain a strong understanding of our competitor landscape.
- Determine the positioning and messaging framework for the Whereby Embedded product.
- Establish the Ideal Customer Profile(s) for the Whereby Embedded product.
- Researching and understanding the ‘Jobs to be Done’ for Embedded customers.
- Planning and executing the Go-to-Market plan for Whereby Embedded.
- Work on the development and announcements of new features and products released by the Whereby Embedded team.
- Establish key differentiators and our positioning within the competitor landscape.
- Work hand-in-hand with the Embedded and Sales teams.
- Overseeing production of sales and marketing materials related to Whereby Embedded.
- Work closely with the User Research team to better understand our customers, in both their needs and behaviours.
- Prospecting for future potential customer types
- You'll be managing and leading product marketing for a fast-growing part of the Whereby business where there is a lot of potential.
- There are many good opportunities for career development, so we expect you to be in charge of your own destiny in Whereby and find the opportunities where you can grow.
- We have a program designed to support people who want to move into People management, and also offer expert track within product management.
- You'll learn a lot and will have the chance to try new things in many different areas.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.