Director of Marketing Operations and Analytics
Marketing – Marketing & Growth /
Whereabouts: Within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting* at £82,000 | $144,000 for USA-based candidates
*Note: We have no "caps" on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn't suit your current expectations, just let us know and we're very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Ryan Bonnici, our CMO
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“Every trackable interaction creates a data-point, and every data-point tells a piece of the customer’s story.” – Paul Roetzer
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mission at Whereby*
Build and manage a world-class cutting-edge marketing tech stack, as well as manage operations and analytics for the marketing team. You and your team will be responsible for helping the rest of the marketing team reach their goals through the right technology, processes, budgeting, and insights-driven analytics.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Director of Marketing Operations
We’re looking for someone to focus and own the design and execution of a seamless lead-management process for Whereby. This role will have complete autonomy in building, managing and optimizing our marketing operations tech stack, databases and processes., Outside of the tech stack, you will also conduct thorough analyses, report actionable insights, and be a crucial part of informing the broader marketing strategy, team and company to achieve our goals.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 💡 Innovative
- 🌳 Revenue Motivated
- 💛 Ambitious
- 📈 Data-informed
- 🔍 Detail Oriented
- 💪 Operational
Your previous experience
- Are a current Director of Marketing Operations or work in a similar role
- Have experience architecting, implementing and managing a techstack from scratch, and mapping data across platforms (experience using tools like Segment, Eloqua/Marketo/Iterable/HubSpot/etc, Attribution Software, and BI tools is a big advantage)
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environmentEnjoy working in distributed teams
- Have experience in a SaaS, B2B and/or freemium products
- Proud to say you do things differently; working outwardly and inwardly to build a world-class marketing operations culture which is fit for purpose (not just taken from a Medium article)
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- At the end of the day, the success measure for this role is quite simple: revenue.
- That said, we will also look at sub-metrics that drive towards this. Some of those metrics include:
- - Free User Acquisition - # of new users that sign up to the free plan
- - Free-to-paid user conversion rate - % of free users who convert to trials and then paying customers.
- - Business trials - # of users who begin a trial of our business package
- - UPIMS - this stands for unique participants in a meeting. Don’t worry, it’s not as complicated as it sounds. It’s essentially the # of people in conversations with other folks on Whereby.
- It should be noted that while we don’t expect the MOps team to necessarily own these metrics above, they will be a critical part in ensuring the Growth Marketing Team can hit these goals through building the right tech systems, infrastructure, reporting & insights. So MOps is critical to overall marketing success.
- We will also measure your ability to recruit and retain folks on your team (team happiness is very important to us and we use theRANDs test at the moment to measure this).
- Define the Marketing Operations vision,strategy, and lead generation process.
- Build a high-performing marketing operations team that are data driven, with impeccable attention to detail and can attest to “no lead left behind”.Lead the overall marketing strategy planning and be able to clearly explain and define the process to non technical audiences.
- Select, engage and manage vendor relationships and work closely with these to review and approve marketing tools.
- Define, automate and streamline marketing operation processes that will set us up for growth in future product changes.
- Build out processes and implement tools necessary to successfully build out targeted campaigns.
- Collaborate with other departments to optimize CRM systems, marketing technologies, meta-data management, etc.
- Build our end-to-end marketing operations strategy that will accurately map the lead generation process within our organization.;
- Work together with your team- make road maps, etc- in a way that they feel involved and brought in.
- Implement channels to effectively communicate with stakeholders across different departments of the organization.
- Identify and address areas for marketing system simplification and efficiencies.
- Improve the demand generation muscle at Whereby by mapping the handoff process between Marketing and Sales to Customer Success.
- Improve our internal dashboards to reflect the lifecycle stages between our freemium product to VIP customers.
- Ensure Whereby’s marketing operations processes are designed, documented, understood and followed
- Manage tech stack
- Ensure all data is accurately being tracked
- Enable marketing team to drive demand and brand campaigns that achieve their goals thanks to MOps team having the most cutting edge marketing automation stack.
- Also enable clear visibility into metrics so marketing teams can be data-informed.
- Manage, build and lead a high-performing team, coaching and mentoring the team as we believe in ownership and progression at Whereby.
- Manage a high-performance marketing team
- With a commercial mindset you find joy and progression in hitting our goals and developing new milestones for yourself and the team
- You will be an important part of the Marketing Management team, giving input on the overall company and product strategy, from a marketing and user point of view
- As our company grows, you will need to work on promoting the marketing's role across the department and ensure alignment with other leaders
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.