Technical Support Specialist
Commercial – Customer Success & Support /
Permanent, Remote, Global
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere, however this role will cover the APAC region so you need to be able to work during those hours
Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: Starting from £32,000
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Vincent Levinger, our Technical Support Lead
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said but they always remember how you made them feel, that’s what matters the most.” - Tony Hsieh
Your mission at Whereby*
To provide an authentic and delightful technical customer support experience that reflects Whereby’s ease of use and furthers our mission to enable a world for businesses and customers where anywhere works.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 90 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Customer Support at Whereby
Our support team consists of a group of passionate and curious learners spread across multiple countries and time zones. We are intentional in our connections not only with our customers, but each other and believe in the value of learning from each other. Click here to read a blog post about Meghan, one of our Customer Support Specialists.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Customer Support Specialist
We're looking for a self-driven and customer-centric learner that loves a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about the customer relationships and seek to provide an authentic and delightful customer support experience. You are also motivated to grow in your career and driven by new challenges in gaining new skills.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on".
- 💻 Technical
- 🎨 Creative
- 🔍 Detail-oriented
- 💛 Empathetic and people-centric
- ⭐️ Ambitious
- 💪 Dependable
Your previous experience
- Strong asynchronous communication and team work
- Worked remotely with a team distributed across time zones (ideal)
- Support experience with API products and/or B2B technical services
- Knowledge of website development and comfortable with HTML and CSS basics (ideal)
- Enjoy working in independently in distributed and cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Proud to say you do things differently
- You are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- CSAT (customer satisfaction)
- Rate of response
- Rate of resolution
- Reflect the humanity of the Whereby brand in the customer support experience.
- Working cross-functionally with other teams in the business acting as an advocate for the customer.
- Responding to customer queries in a timely and accurate way, via phone, email, or chat.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open and interactive communication.
- Work alongside the Customer Support Team to futher improve the overall customer support experience.
- Help create best practices and methodologies.
- Contribute to support documentation about Whereby.
- Work with users to troubleshoot technical problems with Whereby running on various browsers, as well as native apps for iOS and Android.
- Support and delight customers through various channels including email (Helpscout), live chat, social media, and Whereby itself.
- Identify problems and influence change with the product based on customer feedback.
- Replicate, track, and report bugs to the product team.
- Resolve billing issues, apply discounts, and monitor subscriptions.
- Engage and collaborate with a remote team spread across 5 different time zones and countries.
- Become a product expert and advocate for the customer to influence product changes.
- Grow as a subject matter expert for the team and mentor new teammates.
- Work towards being a leader in discipline of the support organization (technical, operational, people).
- As we work cross functionally, you will have the exposure to other customer facing teams for further areas of career growth as well.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.