Director of Brand and Communications
Marketing – Marketing & Growth /
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 9 hours
Salary: Starting at £82,000 | $144,000 for USA-based candidates*
*Note: We have no “caps” on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn’t suit your current expectations, just let us know and we’re very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Ryan Bonnici, our CMO
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.” - Henry Ford
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mission at Whereby*
To grow brand awareness bringing Whereby into consciousness as a consumer-centric brand that cares about people and the planet, taking risks and helping us be different. Enable Whereby to be known as one of the top video meetings providers in the world for SMBs.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Director of Brand and Communication
We're looking for someone who has experience building the strategy and execution of big brand campaigns, driving organic and direct traffic through PR and though leadership content. You'll be a creative, data-informed leader with vision.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 🎨 Creative
- 💛 Leader with vision
- 💪 Relentless
Your previous experience
- We are prioritising attitude, aptitude, and the kinds of teams you've built in favour of years' experience. With that said, you may be a good fit if you...
- Are a current Director, Senior Manager, or Head of, with a focus on Brand Strategy, Campaigns, Communication, or PR
- Executed creative brand campaigns and aren't afraid to think differently
- Create thought leadership content to drive organic and direct traffic
- Have experience building data driven research projects
- Enjoy growing and leading teams of brand strategists, copywriters, designers and PR managers
How we'll measure your success🌟
- You'll be measured against a number of metrics including:
- PR mentions, Links to our website, Organic and direct traffic, and awareness surveys
- Performance of the team, retention and happiness (we use the RANDs test at the moment).
- Lead the development of a Brand strategy that will build our brand awareness so we’re known as one of the top video meetings providers in the world for small and medium businesses.
- Contribute to our data-driven PR capabilities, and relationships with media so that we’re regularly asked to comment on related stories in tech, remote work, wfh, communications, etc.
- Generate an active and engaged community of Whereby fans, both online and offline.
- Develop and lead a high-performing brand (creative), comms & community team who can work independently, bring great ideas to the team, and execute like rockstars.
- Translate our Brand strategy into a roadmap. Partner with a team of cross-functional marketing talent including creative designers, content creators, and analysts to refine the operational plan and continuously optimize our approach.
- Plan and implement integrated, multi-channel marketing campaign that deliver against awareness, consideration and traffic growth goals.
- Monitor and communicate campaign results (performance, learnings, opportunities to optimize, etc)
- Develop and lead the brand and communications team including the process for creative services
- Manage brand and social campaigns from end to end
- Report on progress against defined goals and objectives including budget
- Manage a high-performance marketing team.
- You will be an important part of the Marketing Management team, giving input on the overall company and product strategy, from a marketing and user point of view.
- As our company grows, you will need to work on promoting the marketing's role across the department and ensure alignment with other leaders.
- We like to keep a lean team, we don't think it's a good fit for someone believes headcount is a metric for success
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.