Product & Technology – Product /
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 5 hours
Salary: €60,000 - €70,000 (We're flexible on this, so please don't resist applying due to budget)
Reporting to: Ingrid, our CPTO
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Falling in love with a problem happens through observing it happen in a relevant context, where the problem is occurring to people in your target audience.”— Tomer Sharon, Validating Product Ideas
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
Uncover users' problems, motivations, and expectations and work with our product teams on making decisions that ensure the product delivers delight and value over time.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Product at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of an empowered, passionate and cross-functional product team. We are a product-led business who strive to evolve our product alongside users, exceed their expectations and delight them. We try to ensure both that we are building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our product team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our User Researcher
We're looking for a User Researcher who is passionate about uncovering needs users didn't even know they had, and work with product teams on turning them into features and improvements in our product. You want to help us realize our vision of a future where people have freedom and flexibility to live and work where they thrive, by identifying problems we can solve for users and ways we can help them collaborate better. You have experience with building innovative products and have a strong methodical foundation in qualitative research. You are curious with a desire to understand our audience and be part of a growth-focused product team that puts the user at the core.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 🙌 Autonomous
- 🔍 Data-informed
- 💛 Empathetic and people-centric
- 💻 Product-mindset
- ☁️ Open minded
Your previous experience
- Proven User Research experience
- Experience from a large scale product
- Can use a wide variety of mixed, qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with Figma
- Experience with remote testing tools liker usertesting.com or similar tools
- Solid knowledge of and experience with agile/iterative software development
- Ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and act as a strategic partner in product decisions
- A strong desire for creative problem-solving with a positive attitude
- Enjoy working in distributed teams and,
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Value and impact of insights delivered to the team.
- Product-market fit surveys.
- Understand our user-base and their motivations.
- Identify the strength and weaknesses of the product against competitors.
- Work with our 4 (soon to be 6) product teams on developing ideas on improvements and features.
- Build competence in user research in teams.
- Help define Whereby's core target customers and understand their use-cases.
- Work closely with marketing and product management teams to identify research topics.
- Validate new product ideas and contribute to prioritizing the road map.
- Bring ideas for basic research questions relevant to our service.
- Share your knowledge in demos, presentations and documents.
- Together with product teams, plan research activities.
- Coordinate and carry out user interviews, surveys, usability tests, and other research activities.
- Analyse results and feed insights into product and marketing teams.
- Make resources that enable all members of our product and marketing teams to conduct research themselves.
- You'll have the opportunity and flexibility to be part of different teams and develop in several areas.
- We encourage our team members to attend one course/conference event per year, and attend relevant events on a frequent basis.
- Potentially big impact on the overall business.
- We offer support for people who are interesting in becoming people managers.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.