Sales Operations (contract/part-time)
Commercial – Commercial & Sales /
Contract (Fixed Term)
Whereabouts: While we have freedom to work from everywhere within CET +/- 5 hours, we are currently building a dedicated sales team located in London.
Interviews: Around 3-4 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: £350-450 per day
Reporting to: Caleb Robertson, our Director of Sales
Ask us anything: email@example.com or check out our FAQ for candidates here
“Today is always the most productive day of your week.” - Mark Hunter
Your mission at Whereby*
To help Whereby’s Sales team to run effectively, efficiently and support and optimize sales activities and processes.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Sales at Whereby
Whereby is a fast-growing scale-up with a global user base of more than 5 million users per month and $8M+ ARR, on the verge becoming a mass-market product. We strongly believe in product led growth and the power of a passionate, hard working team. While Whereby has already seen 300% growth so far in 2020, we need more sales professionals to help us reach our goals. You will become part of a tightly knit team of highly passionate people who aim to create the best possible user experience. We are not afraid of challenging the status quo and aim for radical simplicity in everything we do. Whereby has been ranked by business users as the #1 easiest-to-use video conferencing tool, ahead of competitors like Zoom, Google Meet and Skype.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Sales Operations
We're looking for someone who has experience working with sales operations in SaaS sales companies. You have experience with making sure the sales team activities are running as efficient as possible. You enjoy bringing order to chaos and are not afraid of going beyond the basics and want to be part of a fast-paced growing team.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
Your previous experience
- Are a current Sales Operative, Sales operation manager or similar roles from a SaaS company,
- Have proven experience working with optimizing sales activities and processes,
- Have prior experience with Salesforce (Salesforce certification is beneficial),
- Are autonomous and has a high degree of accuracy and accountability,
- Have good communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment,
- And are structured and systematic.
🌟 How we'll measure your success
- Creation of Salesforce dashboard
- Creation of Leads list
- Creation of outbound email templates
- Be responsible for the processes, tools and technologies that support the Sales team.
- Have a good mix of technical and commercial acumen, ability to provide technical support and communicate complex concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Developed supporting documentation for outbound processes and programs, including standard operating procedures, team communication and project management.
- Increase the efficiency of the sales activities and reduce friction in the sales process; workflows, sales activities, lead generation and conversion rates.
- Contribute and be part of setting the best practices for the sales team; ensure that standards and processes are clearly documented and accessible.
- Working on salesforce and optimizing it and making it as efficient as possible.
- Creation of dashboards keeping track of the sales activities.
- Training and development.
- Contribute to implementing sales frameworks and methodologies.
- Maintenance of communication and collaboration channels.
- Help streamlining the process to speed up the sales cycle and enable and drive our front line sales team to sell better, faster and more efficiently.
- Make sure we have all the right salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Optimization of sales tools and other assets.
- Be a good contributor to aligning the sales and marketing teams.
- We are still a small team where your contribution and results will have a great impact and visibility.
- There are a lot of learning opportunities and career advancement.
- We expect you to be ambitious and look forward to following you into a new role or a permanent hire when new opportunities arise within the company.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.