Software Engineer - Frontend/Fullstack (Activation Team)
Product & Technology – Engineering /
Whereabouts: We work from everywhere within CET +/- 7 hours
Interviews: Around 4-6 hours over a few weeks, including some practical work
Salary: € 60,000 - €70,000 (depending on seniority)
Reporting to: Jamy Golden, our Engineering Lead
Ask us anything: email@example.com
“I’ve never seen a job being done by a five-hundred-person engineering team that couldn’t be done better by fifty people.” - C. Gordon Bell
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your mission at Whereby*
Ensure our users get value from the product, working in a product squad to help new user activation and onboarding.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Engineering at Whereby
We strongly believe in the superpowers of a well-lead, and expertly designed engineering team. We are an engineering-centric business who hopes to scale our operation sustainably, with beautiful code, an ethical approach to our users and data, and an innovative opinion on new technologies in the market. We try to ensure both that we're building the right thing and building the thing right. We analyse data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We focus on discovering and solving user problems, not just building and shipping features. As a member of our engineering team you’ll take on a key role in this process and see your work be used by millions of users worldwide.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Software Engineer.
We're looking for a passionate frontend engineer that cares deeply about building excellent product experiences on our most-viewed landing pages and early onboarding experiences. You have a passion for building thoughtful interactive components and a keen eye for design.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- Technically experienced
Your previous experience
- Are a current software engineer, full stack developer or frontend engineer or similar
- Have proven experience working with frontend or full stack software development with a SaaS product
- Have a great passion for user experience, an eye for design and interest in data
- Have the ability to develop code in a disciplined manner with proper documentation and structure
- Experience with conversion optimization is a plus
- Have strong ability to be self-driven and take responsibility for seeing your task through to release
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Uptime and reliability of our platform.
- Shipping new things on our Product roadmap (and sometimes seeing them fail!)
- Engineering efficiency (no bugs, time to deploy, code review quality)
- Peer reviews by other engineers and managers
- Work with our designers, product managers, user researchers and other engineers discussing how new features and experiments can be built.
- You’ll be part of activation team and will work closely with the team to built great experiences for new customer.
- Make data-driven product changes that will have a lasting impact on Whereby’s product.
- Build shiny new landing pages, product pages and features that attract new customers.
- Setting up A/B tests to investigate how we can accelerate our growth, improve conversion rates and make users understand the product better.
- You are interested in how end-users use our product, and make suggestions for how we can constantly improve the user experience
- Solve customer problems and validate our design through user testing, limited rollouts and A/B tests.
- Review codes and give feedback and suggestions for how to improve code quality, security and scalability
- Taking part in demos and showing off work you are proud of
- You'll be working on our new Activation team, and your work and day-to-day priorities will be managed by our Product Manager Anish. You’ll report to one of our Engineering Leads and be part of the Engineering organization to ensure development of your technical skills.
- We offer career progression opportunities both for manager roles (Engineering Lead) and technical expert roles.
- We encourage developers to attend one course/conference event per year, and attend relevant events on a frequent basis.
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to email@example.com.