Marketing – Marketing & Growth /
Whereabouts: Within CET +/- 9 hours and have some restrictions on hiring engineering
Salary: Starting* at £50,962 | $90,014 for USA-based candidates
*Note: We have no "caps" on our salary, and you can read our full compensation philosophy here. If our advertised salary doesn't suit your current expectations, just let us know and we're very open to discussing further.
Reporting to: Ryan Bonnici, our CMO
Ask us anything: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Every trackable interaction creates a data-point, and every data-point tells a piece of the customer’s story.” – Paul Roetzer
Please note: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at email@example.com
Your mission at Whereby*
Design and implement complex models and best practices with regards to experimentation, measurement and reporting of results. Your work will come to life through strategic/analytical thinking, operational excellence and creatively solving complex business problems.
*This is the mission that moves you and your team through our strategic roadmap, and should be your focus for up to a year or two.
What is Whereby all about
Freedom to work from anywhere: our mission with Whereby is to give people freedom to live and work where they thrive.
📍 Our global HQ is in Oslo, Norway, but our users (and team) are worldwide - having been used in nearly every country in the world by millions of folk. 🌏
By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, we want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. To allow you to be in a place where you can think and focus, but also allow a seamless and instant connection with others when you need to.
For our 60 team members, and also for our customers, we know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life-changing. They can afford the house they want, can spend less time commuting, be closer to nature, and their children get to grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on our team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and we truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards our vision of the future.
Marketing at Whereby
The Marketing team at Whereby is working together to reach the company’s marketing and growth goals. From creating engaging content to managing user lifecycle campaigns, the team is setting the standards for how SaaS brands interact with their users. The Marketing team is currently having a lot of fun developing and implementing the marketing strategy, as well as working on increasing brand awareness, establishing product positioning and driving customer growth.
🔍 What we're looking for in our Marketing Analyst
We’re looking for someone to focus and own the analysis and optimization of marketing processes here at Whereby. You will bring a strong mix of technical and statistical skills with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally with many stakeholders.
🌎 We believe in everyone
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role*
* Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
- 💡 Innovative
- 🌳 Revenue Motivated
- 💛 Ambitious
- 📈 Data-informed
- 🔍 Detail Oriented
- 💪 Operational
Your previous experience
- Are a current Marketing Analyst or work in a similar role
- Experience in using tools like Excel - BI software - Statistical analysis tools - SQL Queries
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment
- Have experience in a SaaS, B2B and/or freemium products
- Proud to say you do things differently; working outwardly and inwardly to build a world-class marketing operations culture which is fit for purpose (not just taken from a Medium article)
- Are a really nice person with loads of ambition!
How we'll measure your success🌟
- Marketing operations and analysis is the brains of the marketing team. So while on a day to day we’ll look at how you derive insights from large amounts of data - really, it’s how you socialize these insights and get the marketing team to respond accordingly. So ultimately, helping us drive revenue and create happy customers will be the ultimate end goal for how we’ll measure the success of this role.
- Build growth, engagement and revenue optimization models by channel/segment.
- Define metrics that capture marketing channel performance and identify actionable insights.
- Develop analytical frameworks in a complex platform environment and deliver conclusions and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Build out required performance measurement tools and dashboards.
- Build inferential and predictive models to describe customer behavior within the product and marketing funnel.
- Collaborate with team members on a day-to-day basis to ensure the efficient execution of analytical frameworks and design of experiments.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to analyze, measure and optimize customer acquisition and lifecycle engagement strategies.
- Manage and responding to research requests from marketing and sales.
- Own our marketing analytics reporting.
- Build our next generation of marketing reports and dashboards in Power BI with specific focus on acquisition and audience segmentation.
- Management of advertising audiences, data objects, attribution and queries.
- Opportunities to specialize in different parts of marketing/data/bi/etc as they grow their skills.
- Move up in seniority/levels within the marketing ops & analytics discipline
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Note: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.