Director of Engineering Program Management
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking an experienced and hands-on Director of Engineering Program Management to ensure that all engineering projects are delivered on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards for our members. You will report directly to the VP of Product and build a small but critical new team function at WHOOP.
- Work closely with the engineering team and product to develop project plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage a small team of engineering program managers and ensure they meet their goals and objectives.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to ensure that projects are aligned with overall business objectives and priorities.
- Monitor project progress and identify and mitigate risks and issues as they arise.
- Provide regular project status updates to the executive team and stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the engineering program management processes to increase efficiency and quality.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Lead by example and foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, and innovation.
- 8+ years of experience in engineering program management, preferably in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing complex engineering projects from inception to completion.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire teams to achieve their goals and do their best work.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Highly resourceful, able to come up with alternative scenarios and ideas to break dependencies and ship value faster.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks and issues before they become problems.
- Experience working in a fast startup environment.
- Passion for health and fitness.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility