Data Scientist II
Boston, MA /
Data Science & Research /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We’re looking for someone that can help us to solve the data challenges that we know we have, as well as help identify new questions to ask and opportunities to leverage our large and growing data. We're looking for someone who can apply a wide array of data science and statistical techniques at scale and isn’t afraid to work with physiological data.
- Develop statistical and machine learning models to solve problems
- Work closely with third-party research partners to translate data science work into peer reviewed research publications, as appropriate
- Work with data and software engineers to productize models and algorithms as appropriate.
- Identify and build new datasets that would enhance models and decision making
- Work closely with the product team to ensure we’re delivering maximal member-value.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of full-time professional experience in a related area
- 2+ years experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques
- Proficiency in statistics and significance testing
- Proficiency in data visualization
- Proficiency in scientific Python and SQL
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, draw conclusions and deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present findings to stakeholders and communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of exercise physiology or athletic experience preferred
- Academic or research data science experience preferred
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.