Data Science Tech Lead
Boston, MA /
Data Science & Research /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We’re currently searching for a Data Science Tech Lead who will help us to solve the data challenges that we know we have, as well as help identify new questions to ask and opportunities to leverage our large and growing data. We’re looking for someone who can leverage a wide array of statistical techniques at scale, and is intrigued by the application of these techniques to physiological data.
As a tech lead, in addition to technical contributions, you will make architectural and technological decisions to shape the direction of the entire data science team as well as helping to level up the skill sets of more junior data scientists.
- Develop advanced mathematical models and algorithms using large, proprietary WHOOP datasets
- Develop tooling to quantify and monitor model performance and generalizability
- Identify and build new datasets that would enhance models and decision making
- Build recommendation-based coaching AI to guide our member's decision making and enable them to get the most out of their WHOOP data
- Work closely with the product manager and engineers to translate prototypes into production-ready code
- Set technical direction to ensure high quality output across the team
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- 5+ years experience applying advanced mathematical and statistical techniques
- Knowledge of Machine learning and statistical/mathematical modeling
- Advanced Python skills (data science stack: numpy, scipy, sklearn, pandas)
- Ability to formulate hypotheses, draw conclusions and deliver results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to present findings to stakeholders and communicate results to all colleagues
- Understanding of exercise physiology or athletic experience a plus
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field