Boston, MA /
WHOOP is looking for a talented and experienced media director to oversee the WHOOP content stream, including the WHOOP Podcast, the Locker blog, and emerging video media.
In this position, you will work directly with the SVP of Marketing as well as a team of talented channel specialists, to execute the vision of making WHOOP a sought-after destination for sports, science, and physiology content across the internet.
- Work cross-functionally with the WHOOP marketing, data science, and product teams to prioritize, editorialize, and package internally-derived stories for member and prospective member consumption
- Stay in tune to emerging topics in the public sphere and formulate crisp brand POV’s
- Recruit and manage third party content contributors, guests, and advisors
- Drive a multi-media editorial calendar across written, audio, and video channels
- Collaborate with in-house teammates and external partners to create long and short form content that functions within the brand's voice, look and feel
- Drive promotion and growth across all relevant channels
- 10+ years experience in broadcast, podcasting, or related industry
- Experience as a program director, news director, executive producer, or similar management/leadership role preferred
- A documented editorial background featuring creative executions that synthesizes data visualization, primary and secondary research, and human interest stories
- Experience managing high-profile talent and contributors
- Research and writing skills with a careful attention to detail
- An avid interest in sports, fitness, and performance, as well as an understanding of topics that appeal to WHOOP members and our listener base as a whole is desirable