Software Group Lead, Development Experience
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is looking for a Group Lead to join our Platform Org and more specifically our Platform Development Experience group. Group Leads at WHOOP manage multiple engineering teams working to develop vision, roadmap, and career growth.
The Platform org builds products for all engineering teams across WHOOP including Software, Product, and Embedded departments through infrastructure, tooling, and operational best practices. We focus on the challenge of accelerating development, increasing scalability, and reliability through our Build and Deploy, Application Infrastructure, and Data & Ecosystem teams.
Together these teams ensure our internal and external engineers have a world-class development experience throughout the product development lifecycle. Come join our skilled engineers and help guide these teams through complex challenges including large-scale distributed systems, broadly used common code, and infrastructure best practices.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams in a high-growth environment.
- Develop a roadmap and technical vision with Product and Engineering alike.
- Become a relied-upon expert for infrastructure best practices, owning AWS infrastructure and hosting costs for WHOOP.
- Set goals for and guide teams toward success on those goals around scalability, security, and operational posture.
- Participate in project design reviews guiding teams towards success.
- Grow and manage engineering careers within the Devex group.
- Communicate broadly across the department.
- You are passionate and experienced in coaching other engineers and helping them develop their careers.
- You are passionate about infrastructure and building products that accelerate other software teams or reduce friction.
- You are experienced with distributed systems either distributed data stores or compute clusters.
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility