Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Digital Media Buyer, you’ll work with the marketing team to plan strategy, negotiate, and secure media buys in addition to developing reports to monitor performance across all placements. This role will collaborate with a variety of departments across marketing to coordinate creative, copy, and messaging across all buys to ensure the ad matches the placement and audience of where it is served. The ideal candidate will have a passion for identifying optimal placements for our demographic, negotiating media buys, an analytical mindset for tracking results, and be able to coordinate a significant amount of buys. You’ll have experience securing buys across multiple channels such as podcasting, newsletter placements, editorial, ROS / banner placement, and sponsored content.
If you’re looking to join one of the fastest growing companies in Boston recently voted as one of the best employers in sports 2020, we’d love to hear from you.
- Identify target audiences and suitable placements to secure ad placements to reach those consumers.
- Seek out, negotiate, and purchase media buys across a variety of digital placements.
- Build strategy around messaging and creative based on placement of ad units.
- Coordinate launch of buys and campaigns with marketing and creative teams.
- Monitor performance of buying strategies and assess best placements for future buys.
- Manage relationships with media partners.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience buying media for B2C or eCommerce clients with proven results of driving strong growth.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to negotiate.
- Analytical mindset to analyze performance and impact of media buys.
- Collaborative skills to work on trafficking asset requests with creative and copy teams to ensure assets are created in a timely manner for campaign launches.
- Strong understanding of user behavior on digital platforms and how to best engage with those audiences.
- Organizational skills that can balance continuous negotiating, campaign launches, and performance monitoring significant amounts of budget.
- Familiarity with analytical platforms such as Google Analytics
The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.