Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack, Growth)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Growth Team at WHOOP is responsible for increasing WHOOP’s reach, acquiring new members, and allowing members to purchase accessories. We take a very data-driven approach to everything we do, meaning we frequently measure the performance of our features and make iterations based on those results.
As a Senior Software Engineer joining WHOOP’s Growth Software team, you’ll play a large role in architecting and implementing a unified ecommerce platform that integrates with the rest of WHOOP’s ecosystem. This will require a strong knowledge of web technologies as well as an understanding of API design and development.
- Help execute WHOOP's vision to build/scale an ecommerce platform that allows WHOOP to offer accessories to our members
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Build software that will solve the needs of multiple cross-functional teams
- Consistently deliver features and PRs with an iterative approach
- Develop necessary alerting and monitoring to ensure stability our our systems
- Facilitate, coordinate, and develop ad hoc experiments to promote growth
- Groom and mentor other developers while establishing best practices in our web stack
- Work with Product and Marketing teams to gather technical requirements
- 4+ years of professional experience working on large scale software systems
- Experience in API design and development (Java preferred)
- Experience in relational database design and development (SQL)
- Expertise developing web applications using React
- Strong skills translating design specifications into fully functional applications
- Experience developing large scale, production-quality web applications
- Experience integrating with third party ecommerce and payment processing systems (Shopify/Stripe preferred)
- Experience working with CMS and ERP systems
- Familiarity with ecommerce standards and practices
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.