Senior iOS Engineer (Sports Science)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated and skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at WHOOP, you will help us build and improve our product using the latest tools and services. We handle massive amounts of data, continuously streaming up to the cloud from everyday people improving their health and wellness to the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available system.
The Sports Science team designs and builds product features and infrastructure to empower WHOOP’s core mission. The team builds cutting edge user interface and visualization components to help our members optimize their performance. Sports Science works closely with the Data Science and Product Design teams to coach users to their best possible Sleep, Strain, and Recovery.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to the iOS platform with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Mentor other engineers and engineering co-ops
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other backend, Android, and iOS engineers
- Help architect product software architecture across mobile, APIs, and backend
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience.
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment.
- Experience with Swift and iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Grand Central Dispatch, etc.
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods, and debug tooling.
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend.
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems.
- Willingness to mentor and guide other engineers to build an empowered and cohesive team.