Signal Processing Engineer II (Embedded)
Signal Processing /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Signal Processing Engineer at WHOOP, you will be part of a cross-functional team comprised of DSP, Firmware, and Electrical engineers. You will work on the core, fundamental features at WHOOP. This role will be tasked with analyzing sensor data, validating and improving signal quality, and designing, coding, implementing, and validating signal processing algorithms.
- Designing and implementing cutting-edge signal processing algorithms on low-power MCUs and/or DSP processors, with a specific focus on ARM Cortex-M processors.
- Engaging in software development and proficiently debugging embedded devices to ensure optimal functionality and performance.
- Conduct thorough analyses of sensor signal data, including SNR, noise characterization, and performance evaluation, to identify areas for improvement.
- Efficiently converting algorithms from Matlab/Python into C/Assembly language, ensuring seamless integration and enhanced efficiency.
- Conduct performance testing and validation of signal processing algorithms in both simulation and real-world scenarios.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to ensure seamless integration of signal processing algorithms into embedded platforms.
- Document all designs, methodologies, and results thoroughly for knowledge sharing and future reference.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an engineering-related field with at least 2-years of industry experience working with signal processing and/or embedded systems
- Strong understanding of signal processing fundamentals and applications
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience developing signal processing algorithms in MATLAB or Python
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for innovating, improving processes, and developing new tools from scratch
- Strong understanding of how to map high-level algorithms to low-level implementation in C
- Experience with biosensor systems or biomedical signal processing, in particular with optics systems such as photodiodes, LEDs, and analog components such as ADCs
- Familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and development
- Experience with statistical analysis and understanding of random variables and processes
Join us in pushing the boundaries of wearable technology and positively impacting people's lives!
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility