Business Analytics Manager
Boston, MA /
Business Intelligence & Analytics /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking a Business Analytics Manager to partner closely with our Product team. We are looking for someone who has an extremely data-driven mindset and is able to mix business knowledge with statistical tools to deeply understand and tackle complex analytics challenges. You’ll oversee, lead, and develop a team of analysts, and are comfortable getting your hands dirty as a manager-doer. You will work closely with the WHOOP Product teams to develop and influence the product roadmap and drive impact by leveraging our data and controlling the Product Analytics roadmap.
- Manage and lead a growing team of analysts focused on core product engagement within the WHOOP app
- Design and develop tests, analyses, and models of our entire customer journey, dissecting different customer segments to understand complex business decisions and create strategies in order to drive retention and growth
- Partner with stakeholders across the product team as well as the business to drive iterative testing, quantify impact for key member touchpoints, and identify new sources of value for our members
- Discuss how our members are using WHOOP through data-driven analysis with a combination of KPI reporting, ad-hoc analyses, and proactive insight generation, communicating to appropriate stakeholders including leadership
- Generate and drive the strategic analytic roadmap to unlock insights about our members, how they are using the product and guide our product team with action-oriented recommendations
- Assist the team in prioritization, development and execution of unstructured analytics problems, while providing deliverables on fundamental business problems
- Develop and enhance scalable processes, methods and/or tools to benefit the team as well as stakeholders so they are empowered to make data driven decisions with a positive impact on success metrics
- Collaborate with a high-performance team in a start-up environment, providing thought leadership to identify the most impactful ways to drive decisions and improve retention
- 5+ years of experience in a deeply analytical role, including partnership with product teams
- Experience leading and developing a team, including driving large projects
- A self-serve player-coach; able to take broad business questions, wrangle appropriate data, quickly isolate and model key insights, visualize results and communicate actionable recommendations
- Self-starting, fast-moving, and collaborative approach to problem-solving
- Strong track record proactively identifying areas where analytics can have impact to the business and planning the path forward for the team
- Demonstrated success in influencing senior stakeholders and leadership on strategic direction based on analytical recommendations.
- Experience and knowledge running experiments (e.g. A/B testing)
- Excellent oral and written communication; adept at communicating across multiple mediums to technical and non-technical audiences including leadership
- Expert technical and analytics skills (SQL) and experience with statistical modeling tools (R, Python) as well as common DS/ML approaches (Logistic Regression, Clustering, Random Forest, etc)
- Expert using data exploration and visualization tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Experience in D2C and/or SaaS is a plus
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.