Android Engineer (Sleep and Recovery)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
The Sleep and Recovery Team at WHOOP is responsible for helping members optimize their performance through Sleep and Recovery. Sleep and Recovery are two of the main pillars of the WHOOP product, and a large part of every member’s experience with WHOOP from the moment they wake up until the time that they go to bed.
As a member of the Sleep and Recovery team, you will contribute to software features focused on helping members improve their Sleep and Recovery so that they can perform their best. You will contribute towards the technical direction and influence features alongside your peers and product management.
- Utilize knowledge of Kotlin and Java to develop and maintain product features
- Build software that allows users to maximize their performance with WHOOP via new and existing Sleep and Recovery features
- Work with other product engineers to devise solutions to challenges across the WHOOP system
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to the Android application with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering Android apps in a professional environment
- Experience in UI design and development within Android using MVVM
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- A high degree of ownership for the features you build and ship to customers
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across Android and external systems
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility