Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
Reporting directly to the Head of Legal, WHOOP is seeking to hire a Corporate Counsel who is excited to join a rapidly growing team within a scale-up environment.
- Provide legal advice, solutions and leadership to business stakeholders from all areas of the business, including R&D, Product, Marketing, and Enterprise, to navigate complex and novel legal, business and regulatory matters, including but not limited to regulatory compliance (e.g., FDA)
- Provide support and advice related to commercial contracts and other legal documents, including drafting, review and negotiating commercial agreements
- Engage outside counsel when needed to ensure effective and cost-efficient resolutions
- Candidates must have a juris doctor (JD) and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Admission to a State Bar and able to register as in-house counsel
- Significant experience with the Medical and Technology sectors, including in some of the following areas: data privacy, FDA, marketing, products liability, consumer product
- Experience interacting with Senior Management level stakeholders on business management
- Practical and business-minded with an ability to present a business partner with real-world, pragmatic advice
- Desire to learn and grow, stretching into areas that are not core strengths as needed to support business initiatives
- Prior In-house experience supporting high-growth companies engaged in international expansions strongly preferred
- Experience in M&A, entering new geographies and both private and public companies preferred
- This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.