Software Engineer II (Full Stack)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. Most recently, our company’s innovation has provided a measured way for a person to see if they may have a respiratory illness.
As a Software Engineer II on WHOOP’s Membership Experience Infrastructure (MXI) Team, you will work with your teammates and Product to enable support and services across the WHOOP company as a whole. You will grow and maintain the infrastructure and tools needed to support our internal customers. In addition, you will be empowered to influence the technical direction of the team while growing your hard and soft skills along the way.
- Work collaboratively in a growth environment with a product engineering focus to move infrastructure, R&D, and business analytics forward
- Empathize with internal customers and understand where the team can have the most impact
- 2+ years of Full Stack or Backend experience
- Expertise in Java or another modern object-oriented programming language such as Python
- Experience in a modern web frameworks such as React
- Knowledge of database query language such as SQL
- Integrated and created RESTful APIs and has used webhooks for triggers
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently
- Experience in leveraging APIs from various sources similar to Stripe, Salesforce, Zendesk, Shopify or similar integrations to enable business analytics
- Knowledge of best practices for metrics and monitoring using Segment.io, Datadog, or other similar solutions to proactively make product and engineering decisions
- Interacted with data visualization solutions such as Tableau or Looker