Senior iOS Engineer (Coaching)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated, skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
Coaching at WHOOP designs and builds product features and infrastructure to empower WHOOP’s core mission. The team builds cutting edge user interface and visualization components to help our members optimize their performance.
As a Senior iOS Engineer on the Coaching (Training) Team, you will build features that enable members to optimize their performance through the lens of WHOOP Strain. You will develop features that help members train smarter and better understand the impact of Strain. You will also participate in the technical direction and influence of features alongside product management, design, and members of the data science teams.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to the iOS platform with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Mentor other engineers and engineering co-ops
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other backend, Android, and iOS engineers
- Help architect product software architecture across mobile, APIs, and backend
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience.
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment.
- Experience with Swift and iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Grand Central Dispatch, etc.
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods, and debug tooling.
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend.
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems.
- Willingness to mentor and guide other engineers to build an empowered and cohesive team.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.