iOS Engineer II (Growth)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The Growth Team at WHOOP is responsible for increasing WHOOP’s reach, acquiring new members, and allowing members to manage their WHOOP subscriptions. We take a very data-driven approach to everything we do, meaning we frequently measure the performance of our features and make iterations based on those results.
As an iOS Engineer at WHOOP, you will own the development of our iOS growth stack. We are looking for a developer to take ownership of the existing Growth-related features in the app and also contribute to the development of new Growth initiatives. You will work closely with the backend developers on the Growth team to solve unique challenges relating but not limited to payment processing and subscription management. You’ll also work closely with the Product team on taking designs and mockups and translating them into production features.
- Build software that allows users to maximize the value of their WHOOP subscriptions
- Build software flows that enable users to share/purchase WHOOP for others
- Contribute to a unified ecommerce ecosystem where users can discover WHOOP products
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Establish and analyze user metrics and feedback to help set the direction of the Growth team
- Contribute to the iOS application with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Own the growth experience on iOS with a strong product and member value focus
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment
- Experience with Swift, Objective-C and iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Grand Central Dispatch, etc
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods, and debug tooling
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Experience using best-practice mobile architecture and modular design, including patterns such as MVVM, Protocol Oriented Programming.
- Competency in multi-threading, and experience with performance and memory profiling.
- Knowledge of layouts, views and other iOS UI concepts especially pertaining to Apple Design Guidelines.
- Firm belief that automated testing is important and experience writing both Unit and UI tests.
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.