Android Engineer II
Boston, MA /
Research & Development /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As an Android Engineer, you’ll join our growing R&D team to design and build software to facilitate the development of the next generation of WHOOP technology. You’ll work in a fast paced environment, enabling other members of the WHOOP team to interact with experimental sensors and devices, collect data, and assess promising future technologies. You’ll work on a nimble team and interact closely with physical hardware and backend systems to allow data to be efficiently collected, processed, and uploaded for analysis. Ultimately, your efforts will accelerate the deployment of new technology in the market.
- Own and maintain our internal Android data collection application
- Quickly design and implement new features to support ongoing R&D efforts
- Enhance and enable connectivity between our internal Android data collection application and both existing and new IoT devices/connected hardware
- Increase application stability and maintainability to enable rapid and efficient updates to support future features and needs
- Apply Android design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering Android apps with Java and Kotlin in a professional environment
- Experience with Android Studio, Android SDK, and build tooling
- Experience communicating with backend APIs and infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience with Junit and writing unit tests
- Experience with Bluetooth connectivity
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly to meet fast evolving needs of the R&D department
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.