Test Development Engineer
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Test Development Engineer you will work closely with the WHOOP Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Signal Processing teams as you design, build, and deploy automated tests and tools, supporting both the engineering development and mass production of cutting edge wearables. Additionally, you will analyze and report test results while working with engineering and CM teams to identify risk areas and architect solutions. You are familiar with electromechanical test engineering best practices and concepts enabling you to intelligently design testing fixtures and execute testing processes in high quality, on budget, and on time.
- Develop Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) hardware to support mass production testing with a focus on electromechanical design
- Work with internal engineering teams and the CM to achieve successful ATE bring up as well as issue resolution, production yield improvements, results tracking, data analysis, test process optimization, improvements to manufacturing robustness, and development of maintenance procedures
- Develop and debug electromechanical designs of engineering development fixtures to be used for regression testing, battery testing, and other performance and capability studies
- Perform root cause analysis, failure review, and data analytics to drive corrective actions for a wide variety of engineering and manufacturing test fixtures and processes
- Project manage test equipment development from conception through implementation owning the schedule, cost tracking, and coordination with internal and external stakeholders and contributors
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years experience in electrical and mechanical testing
- Hands-on experience with Solidworks and Altium or similar CAD/ECAD systems for designing test fixtures
- Experience communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners and contractors both domestically and internationally in a CM/JDM model
- Impeccable attention to detail, communication, and time management skills
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities in a team environment
- Experience in consumer electronics or wearable technology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 20%)
This role will be based onsite in our Boston headquarters.