Field Quality Engineer
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Field Quality Engineer you will work closely with WHOOP Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Operations, Hardware Engineering, and Membership Services teams as you will be technically responsible for outgoing factory quality testing, field quality, and RMA processes and metrics. You will hands-on debug failures and product returns, analyze and action field diagnostic data, and conduct 8D based Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) to ensure learnings are fed back to technical teams to improve designs so our members have a best in class experience. You are familiar with consumer electronics quality engineering best practices and concepts enabling you to efficiently analyze problems, architect solutions, and implement processes and controls so WHOOP can confidently build high quality and highly reliable designs.
- Lead returned product engineering analysis and RMA diagnostic testing and project management to achieve yield, product lifetime, and field performance improvements
- Perform 8D based RCCA for returns and engineering test and reliability failures. Feedback findings and action plans to engineering and manufacturing partners
- Perform data analytics on returned product and product reliability and field performance data. Create data visualizations for engineering team and stakeholder visibility
- Work alongside the Hardware Product Expert to become an expert in field quality issues. Understand, analyze, and optimize product return strategy and member communications
- Develop field reliability plans and protocols, partnering with external engineering labs and manufacturing partners to leverage their testing and analysis capabilities
- Improve and monitor factory and supplier quality processes including Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) and Ongoing Reliability Test (ORT)
- Develop field validation plans for production changes including plan creation, risk level assessment, performance and failure analysis, and support change approval/rejection
- Project manage quality initiatives with suppliers, external test providers, and engineering labs, owning the schedule, cost, and coordination with all stakeholders and contributors
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years experience in quality engineering focusing on field quality, reliability, aftermarket reverse logistics, and transforming data into technically meaningful metrics
- Understand fundamentals of electromechanical design, manufacturing, and engineering test
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of technical details and engineering analyses with domestic and international teams
- Impeccable attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities in a team environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15%)
- Experience working with consumer electronics and wearables
- CQE or CQA via ASQ
- LSS Green or Black Belt certification
This role will be based onsite in our Boston headquarters.