Senior iOS Engineer (App Infrastructure)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at WHOOP you will help us build and improve our performance using the latest tools and services. We handle massive amounts of data continuously streaming up to the cloud from everyday people improving their health and wellness to the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available system.
The Application Infrastructure team designs and builds systems that impact customers and developers alike. The team leads the charge on tooling and applications that accelerate development across WHOOP. The team provides the opportunity for work across multiple systems and multiple teams including iOS, CI/CD, hardware integration, firmware integration, and developer tooling.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to the iOS platform with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other backend, android, and iOS engineers
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering iOS apps in a professional environment.
- Experience with Swift and iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Grand Central Dispatch, etc.
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, Cocoapods, and debug tooling.
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend.
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience.
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility