Software Engineer (Backend)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members (Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Software Engineer at WHOOP, you will work within a small feature team supported by product management and design resources to rapidly iterate on an area of the WHOOP product offering. You will participate in new feature kickoff sessions, PR reviews, and technical architecture discussions.
There are a range of teams that work on projects ranging from data ingestion to building new ways to distill complex physiological data into insightful actionable insights.
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Collaborate with product, hardware, software, and data science teams
- Contribute to backend development using the following technologies: Java, Kafka, Postgres
- Be self-aware and receptive to feedback from others
- Build testable, predictable, comprehensible systems, following best practices around testing, monitoring, alerting, and debugging
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Python, C#, or Go
- Experience in RESTful APIs
- Experience designing tables and writing SQL queries
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner
- A positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Eagerness to tackle and break down complexity in both product and technical domains
- Direct experience working with a major cloud provider such as AWS (EC2, RDS, SQS, S3, etc) or Google Cloud / Azure equivalents