Software Engineer (Backend)
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Software Engineer on WHOOP’s Community Team, you will work with your teammates to enable members to discover, socialize, and inspire like-minded athletes on our platform. You will help grow and retain the member base of WHOOP by owning high impact features that drive engagement with the platform. You will participate in the technical direction and influence features alongside product management, design, and members of the leadership team.
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Contribute to back end development using the following technologies: Java, Kafka and Postgres
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Consistently deliver features, cranking on code, and PRs with an iterative approach
- Facilitate, coordinate, and develop ad hoc experiments to promote growth
- Be receptive to feedback from others
- 1+ years of Development Experience (RESTful APIs, Databases)
- Experience writing APIs and interacting with relational databases
- Knowledge of database query language such as SQL
- Experience writing tests and documenting code for a variety of audiences
- An innate passion for approaching large scale problems through small, data informed, and experiment driven iterations
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner