Data Engineer II
Data Science & Research
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking an experienced Data Engineer to join the Data Science Infrastructure team, which is dedicated to providing the infrastructure and tooling to enable our Data Scientists to build and train algorithms leveraging our large and growing dataset.
- Build scalable infrastructure that will enable our data scientists to derive insights and build models faster and more efficiently than they can today
- Work across teams to inform data model design and storage strategies
- Advocate for new technological adoptions and or third party software solution
- Reports to the Data Science Infrastructure technical lead
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Experience with Python and Java, preferably with scientific python libraries (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, etc)
- Have familiarity with one or more of the following; Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, RedShift.
- Experience in storing and querying large volumes of data in SQL databases for the purposes of analysis
- Enjoy working in a high-growth start up environment
- Willingness to be both a team player and an owner