Software Engineer II (Full Stack, Enterprise)
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, our mission is to create cutting edge technology to unlock human performance. This mission not only allows individual athletes and teams to perform at a higher level but also extends into the workplace for general wellness. As an example, employees can leverage WHOOP to make decisions whether to return to work and if their metrics indicate they are healthy.
As a Software Engineer II joining WHOOP’s Enterprise Software team, you'll work closely with the team to expand our vision for Enterprise, attracting and engaging the world's organizations and companies. You will participate in the technical direction and influence features alongside product management, design, and members of the leadership team.
The Enterprise team's mission encompasses driving both new membership growth and retaining existing members through measured experimentation, self serving dashboards and valuable insights through WHOOP data. The initial focus of this role will be designing and building data driven RESTful APIs to support business decisions and surface trends around the core WHOOP metrics: recovery, sleep and strain.
- Help execute WHOOP's vision to build/scale an Enterprise offering and promote wellness at the corporate level
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Experience with different modern websites and application frameworks
- Work collaboratively in a startup environment
- Consistently deliver features and PRs with an iterative approach
- Facilitate, coordinate, and develop ad hoc experiments to promote growth
- Experience in API design and development (Java preferred)
- Database query language such as SQL
- Expertise in modern web frameworks such as React
- Experience utilizing tools such as CSS pre-processors, Docker, Webpack, and version control such as Git.
- An innate passion for approaching large scale problems through small, data informed, and experiment driven iterations
- Positive attitude and ownership mentality
- Strong communication skills to work both collaboratively and independently