Senior Director of UX Design
Boston, MA /
Product Design /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As WHOOP’s Senior Director of UX Design, you will report to the VP of Product and will be responsible for setting the UX vision, strategy, and roadmap and leading the design team in creating outstanding user experiences that meet the needs of our users. The ideal candidate is hands-on, deeply understands UX design principles with a proven track record of delivering innovative and successful products, has built top-tier design teams, and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Define and direct the UX vision, strategy, and roadmap across WHOOP products
- Partner with the Head of Visual Design to bring delightful and useful user experiences to life
- Work closely with leadership across product, engineering, marketing, and data science to ensure that UX design aligns with business goals
- Lead the design team in conducting user research, usability testing, and design validation to inform product development and drive continuous improvement
- Develop and maintain design systems and standards to ensure product consistency and quality
- Manage the design team, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management
- Collaborate with product management to identify and prioritize product features that enhance the user experience
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that design requirements are met, and high-quality designs are delivered on time
- Ensure that designs are accessible, and comply with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Manage and allocate design resources to optimize design output and efficiency
- Make strategic design and user experience decisions related to the core functions and new features
- 10+ years of experience in UX design, with at least 5+ years leading other designers
- Strong knowledge of UX design principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Proven track record of delivering successful, innovative, and highly usable products with excellent design sensibility
- Experienced in human-centered design and designing with emotion and empathy
- Experience leading design teams, including hiring, mentoring, and performance management
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and design validation
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Strong bias for action and highly resourceful
- High bar for quality, able to inspire those around you to do their best work
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.