NPI Hardware Engineering Project Manager
Supply Chain & Operations
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As the NPI Hardware Engineering Project Manager (EPM) you will work closely with the WHOOP Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware and Signal Processing teams as you lead project management of new product introduction and manufacturing development efforts with the responsibility of defining and driving day-to-day activities, understanding dependencies, and ensuring teams can effectively work through blockers to meet our program objectives. You are familiar with engineering development best practices and concepts enabling you to intelligently lead projects and teams to project completion in high quality, on budget, and on time.
- Manage fast-paced multi-disciplinary projects from end-to-end, covering a range of development and manufacturing programs
- Develop and drive multiple project schedules and task lists at the same time ensuring high quality delivery on-time and on-budget, mitigating risk where necessary
- Planning and execution of NPI engineering builds and tactical management of external partners and suppliers while ensuring a timely feedback loop with engineering teams to architect solutions to project blockers
- Lead team meetings and project reviews for rapid development cycles while remaining agile and confident in the face of changing requirements and ambiguity
- Understand the who, what, and how of manufacturing and hardware development to enable you to develop thoughtful and intelligent resolutions and critical path management
- Provide clear project status and issue tracking reports on development progress to team leads and management
- Understand technical issues and decision trade-offs. Drive to closure by bringing together key stakeholders for decision-making to meet overall project objectives
- Track and prioritize projects and product risks in an organized and methodical way
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of project management experience
- Has successfully launched at least one hardware product with Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, and Firmware dependencies
- Impeccable organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Experience communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners and contractors both domestically and internationally in a CM/ODM model
- Experienced in defining and managing project schedules and work breakdown structures
- Ability to filter and distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive, demonstrating creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience in consumer electronics or as a practicing engineer
- Ability to travel internationally to support engineering builds (up to 15%)
- PMP certification desirable