Director of User Experience
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking a Director of User Experience to lead the product design team and guide the evolution of the WHOOP product to a world-class experience. As the head of the UXD team, you will oversee the development of product designers as well as user experience researchers who are impacted throughout the WHOOP organization. You lead the team in building principles, establish conversions, and ensure the daily operation of the team is efficient and effective. The product of the team as whole is a user experience that effectively meets the needs of WHOOP members that is also delivered in a structure efficient for product development.
In particular, you know how to run an amazing creative process and then coach members of the UXD team on how to build incredible product experiences.
- Manage a growing team of product designers and user experience researchers, hire and retain top talent
- Establish user research practices to drive product innovation as well as design decision making
- Establish product design conventions to increase design and implementation efficiency and consistency within the product
- Contribute to broader product vision by collaborating with product management leadership, other department heads and executive leadership
- Empower team culture to obsess over fine details and thoughtfulness justifying decisions through qualitative and quantitative research findings
- Ensure the UXD team considers various inputs into the creative process such as industry trends, evolving customer expectations, and evolving business goals
- Evangelize world-class design at WHOOP, internally and externally
- 10+ years in a combination of UX design and UI design
- 3+ years leading a user experience design team
- Mastery of user experience methodologies such as user research, persona development, journey mapping, user flows, wireframes, design principles, and more
- Mastery of building and maintaining design systems for use across design and engineering teams
- A robust portfolio of previous product design work
- Passion for the fitness and wellness space