User Experience Researcher
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking a User Experience Researcher to lead the charge in building empathy for WHOOP members. Through thoughtful and thorough research, you will be the point person on what it means to be a WHOOP member from the member’s perspective. You will inform product strategy and direction by ensuring assumptions are validated and decisions are backed by sound qualitative and qualitative research. You will also help other teams and designers utilize effective research methods as part of their own creative process.
In particular, you know how the voice of the customer can become a driver for positive change and a catalyst for world-class product experiences.
- Convert questions and assumptions into actionable research initiatives to drive the creative process forward, building research prompts, interview scripts, and more
- Conduct in-person and remote research as well as usability testing
- Synthesize research using various techniques such as interviews, card sorting and surveys to produce key takeaways that lead to a heightened awareness of the member or problem space
- Present and communicate research initiatives and findings to a broad audience
- Coach other team members on effective user research techniques and create simple-to-follow and repeatable research methodologies to empower other team members to do the same
- Deliver findings quickly, exercise good judgment on the use of various research methods to maintain high efficiency in the innovation process and reuse of prior research where possible
- 6+ years in a design-related position with at least 3+ years in a dedicated user research role
- Demonstrated expertise in translating large strategic questions into clear, actionable insights
- Mastery of various user research methods (e.g. focus groups, user interviews, card sorting, usability testing)
- A portfolio with examples of research documentation, process, and deliverables with case studies on how product strategy or design was altered based on findings
- Experience working with product management and product design team members within an extremely fast-paced agile environment
- Great communication skills to distill complex research initiatives into digestible, actionable takeaways that can be put to immediate use by product managers and designers
- Passion for the fitness and wellness space