Test Development Engineer, Software
Boston, MA /
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As a Test Development Engineer you will work closely with the WHOOP Manufacturing, Electrical, Firmware, Mechanical, and Signal Processing teams as you design and deploy automated test software and tools, supporting both the engineering development and mass production of cutting edge wearables. Additionally, you will analyze and report test results while working with engineering and CM teams to identify risk areas and architect solutions. You are familiar with software test engineering best practices and concepts enabling you to intelligently design test software that is efficient and robust.
- Develop Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) hardware to support mass production testing with a focus on software design
- Design and implement test/automation software used to qualify new features and perform integration and regression testing
- Create and maintain manufacturing firmware test requirements and specifications
- Work with internal engineering teams and the CM to achieve successful ATE bring up as well as issue resolution, production yield improvements, results tracking, data analysis, test process optimization, improvements to manufacturing robustness, and development of maintenance procedures
- Develop and debug test software for engineering development fixtures to be used for regression testing, battery testing, and other performance and capability studies
- Perform root cause analysis, failure review, and data analytics to drive corrective actions for a wide variety of engineering and manufacturing test fixtures and processes
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ years experience in software and electrical testing
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C++, C#), scripting languages (e.g., Python) and graphical languages (e.g., LabVIEW).
- Experienced in test automation and test frameworks to enable comprehensive test coverage
- Experience communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners and contractors both domestically and internationally in a CM/JDM model
- Experience in consumer electronics or wearable technologyAbility to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15%)